Jump to navigation Jump to search
|% Endemic Genera||0.0%|
|% Endemic Species||57.1%|
The following valid species and subspecies of ants are known to occur in Christmas Island. Unidentified and undescribed species will be added to this list as identifications are verified and taxonomic revisions are published. This species list is based upon the effort of many ant collectors as well as myrmecologists who have published on the taxonomy of Christmas Island ants. Those who have specimen records that expand this list are encouraged to submit this information in the discussion section of the Christmas Island Ants web page. Please advise if any corrections are warranted.
- Brachyponera christmasi (Donisthorpe, 1935)
- Camponotus andrewsi Donisthrope, 1936
- Camponotus melichloros Kirby, W.F., 1888
- Leptogenys harmsi Donisthorpe, 1935
- Stigmatomma zwaluwenburgi (Williams, 1946)
- Syllophopsis subcoeca (Emery, 1894)
- Tapinoma pithecorum Seifert, 2022
- Framenau, V.W. & Thomas, M.L. (2008) Ants (Hymenoptera: Formicidae) of Christmas Island (Indian Ocean): identification and distribution. Records of the Western Australian Museum, 25, 45-85.
- Taylor, R.W. (1990) Ants. In: Report: A.N.P.W.S. Consultancy Agreement: C.S.I.R.O. Entomological Survey of Christmas Island. Phase 2 and Final Report. Report of Project No. 8889/13.