Jump to navigation Jump to search
Gray, G.R., 1832
|Camptognatha testacea (junior synonym of Eciton hamatum)|
This genus is not in use as it is currently considered to be a junior synonym of Eciton.
The following information is derived from Barry Bolton's New General Catalogue, a catalogue of the world's ants.
- CAMPTOGNATHA [junior synonym of Eciton]
- Camptognatha Gray, G.R. 1832: 516. Type-species: Camptognatha testacea (junior synonym of Formica hamata), by monotypy.
- Camptognatha junior synonym of Eciton: Smith, F. 1855c: 160.
- Bolton, B. 2003. Synopsis and Classification of Formicidae. Mem. Am. Entomol. Inst. 71: 370pp (page 144, Camptognatha as junior synonnym of Eciton)
- Borgmeier, T. 1955. Die Wanderameisen der neotropischen Region. Stud. Entomol. 3: 1-720 (page 162, Camptognatha as junior synonnym of Eciton)
- Dalla Torre, K. W. von. 1893. Catalogus Hymenopterorum hucusque descriptorum systematicus et synonymicus. Vol. 7. Formicidae (Heterogyna). Leipzig: W. Engelmann, 289 pp. (page 1, Camptognatha as junior synonnym of Eciton)
- Emery, C. 1910b. Hymenoptera. Fam. Formicidae. Subfam. Dorylinae. Genera Insectorum 102: 1-34 (page 19, Camptognatha as junior synonnym of Eciton)
- Gray, G. R. 1832. [Untitled. Camptognatha testacea, attributed to Gray.]. P. 516 in: Griffith, E. and others. The animal kingdom arranged in conformity with its organization, by the Baron Cuvier, with supplementary additions to each order by Edward Grif (page 516, Camptognatha as genus)
- Roger, J. 1863b. Verzeichniss der Formiciden-Gattungen und Arten. Berl. Entomol. Z. 7(B Beilage: 1-65 (page 36, Camptognatha as junior synonnym of Eciton)
- Smith, F. 1855c. Descriptions of some species of Brazilian ants belonging to the genera Pseudomyrma, Eciton and Myrmica (with observations on their economy by Mr. H. W. Bates). Trans. Entomol. Soc. Lond. (2) 3: 156-169 (page 160, Camptognatha as junior synonnym of Eciton)