Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Renea testacea (junior synonym of Prionopelta nominata)
This genus is not in use as it is currently considered to be a junior synonym of Prionopelta.
The following information is derived from Barry Bolton's Online Catalogue of the Ants of the World.
- RENEA [junior synonym of Prionopelta]
- Renea Donisthorpe, 1947d: 183. Type-species: Renea testacea (junior synonym of Prionopelta nominata), by original designation.
- Renea junior synonym of Prionopelta: Brown, 1953c: 11.
- Bolton, B. 2003. Synopsis and Classification of Formicidae. Mem. Am. Entomol. Inst. 71: 370pp (page 156, Renea as junior synonym of Prionopelta)
- Brown, W. L., Jr. 1953c. Characters and synonymies among the genera of ants. Part I. Breviora 11: 1-13 (page 11, Renea as junior synonym of Prionopelta)
- Chapman, J. W.; Capco, S. R. 1951. Check list of the ants (Hymenoptera: Formicidae) of Asia. Monogr. Inst. Sci. Technol. Manila 1: 1-327 (page 77, Renea as genus)
- Donisthorpe, H. 1947e. Some new ants from New Guinea. Ann. Mag. Nat. Hist. 11(14): 183-197 (page 183, Renea as genus)