Jump to navigation Jump to search
This genus is not in use as it is currently considered to be a junior synonym of Tetraponera.
The following information is derived from Barry Bolton's New General Catalogue, a catalogue of the world's ants.
- PARASIMA [junior synonym of Tetraponera]
- Parasima Donisthorpe, 1948d: 592 [as subgenus of Tetraponera]. [Unnecessary replacement name for Sima in the sense of Emery, 1921f: 23.]
- Parasima junior synonym of Tetraponera: Ward, 1990: 470.
- Bolton, B. 2003. Synopsis and Classification of Formicidae. Mem. Am. Entomol. Inst. 71: 370pp (page 136, Parasima as junior synonym of Tetraponera)
- Donisthorpe, H. 1948d. A third instalment of the Ross Collection of ants from New Guinea. Ann. Mag. Nat. Hist. 11(14): 589-604 (page 592, Parasima as subgenus of Tetraponera)
- Ward, P. S. 1990. The ant subfamily Pseudomyrmecinae (Hymenoptera: Formicidae): generic revision and relationship to other formicids. Syst. Entomol. 15: 449-489 (page 470, Parasima as junior synonym of Tetraponera)