Jump to navigation Jump to search
Enzmann, J., 1947
This genus is not in use as it is currently considered to be a junior synonym of Messor.
The following information is derived from Barry Bolton's New General Catalogue, a catalogue of the world's ants.
- LOBOGNATHUS [junior synonym of Messor]
- Lobognathus Enzmann, J. 1947b: 152 [as subgenus of Veromessor]. Erroneous entry for Veromessor lobognathus and hence junior synonym of Veromessor: Brown, 1949a: 49
- Lobognathus junior synonym of Messor: Bolton, 1982: 338.
- Bolton, B. 1982. Afrotropical species of the myrmecine ant genera Cardiocondyla, Leptothorax, Melissotarsus, Messor and Cataulacus (Formicidae). Bulletin of the British Museum (Natural History). Entomology, 46: 307-370 (page 338, Lobognathus junior synonym of Messor)
- Bolton, B. 2003. Synopsis and Classification of Formicidae. Mem. Am. Entomol. Inst. 71: 370pp (page 232, Lobognathus as junior synonym of Veromessor.)
- Brown, W. L., Jr. 1949a. Synonymic and other notes on Formicidae (Hymenoptera). Psyche (Camb.) 56: 41-49 (page 49, Erroneous entry for Veromessor lobognathus and hence junior synonym of Veromessor.)
- Enzmann, J. 1947b. New forms of Aphaenogaster and Novomessor. J. N. Y. Entomol. Soc. 55: 147-152 (page 152, Lobognathus as subgenus of Veromessor)