Jump to navigation Jump to search
This genus is not in use as it is currently considered to be a junior synonym of Stigmacros.
The following information is derived from Barry Bolton's New General Catalogue, a catalogue of the world's ants.
- HAGIOSTIGMACROS [junior synonym of Stigmacros]
- Hagiostigmacros McAreavey, 1957: 19 [as subgenus of Stigmacros]. Type-species: Stigmacros barretti, by original designation.
- Hagiostigmacros junior synonym of Stigmacros: Taylor & Brown, D.R. 1985: 145.
- Bolton, B. 2003. Synopsis and Classification of Formicidae. Mem. Am. Entomol. Inst. 71: 370pp (page 99, Hagiostigmacros as junior synonym of Stigmacros)
- Brown, W. L., Jr. 1973b. A comparison of the Hylean and Congo-West African rain forest ant faunas. Pp. 161-185 in: Meggers, B. J., Ayensu, E. S., Duckworth, W. D. (eds.) Tropical forest ecosystems in Africa and South America: a comparative review. Wash (page 181, Hagiostigmacros as junior synonym of Stigmacros [provisional])
- McAreavey, J. 1957. Revision of the genus Stigmacros Forel. Mem. Natl. Mus. Vic. 21: 7-64 (page 19, Hagiostigmacros as subgenus of Stigmacros)
- Taylor, R. W.; Brown, D. R. 1985. Formicoidea. Zool. Cat. Aust. 2:1- 149: 1-149, 30 (page 145, Hagiostigmacros as junior synonym of Stigmacros)