This species is known only from Malaysia (Borneo).
Hosoishi (2015): This species is similar to Crematogaster sikkimensis, but differs in having the spiracles on the petiole located on the lower position in lateral view.
Keys including this Species
Distribution based on Regional Taxon Lists
Distribution based on AntMaps
Distribution based on AntWeb specimens
Check data from AntWeb
The following information is derived from Barry Bolton's New General Catalogue, a catalogue of the world's ants.
- daisyi. Crematogaster (Oxygyne) daisyi Forel, 1901e: 376 (w.q.) BORNEO.
Unless otherwise noted the text for the remainder of this section is reported from the publication that includes the original description.
Hosoishi (2015) - (n = 6). HW 0.79-0.88; HL 0.74-0.83; CI 101-107; SL 0.68-0.76; SI 86-90; EL 0.17-0.18; PW 0.49-0.54; WL 0.91-0.97; PSL 0.11-0.15; PtL 0.22-0.24; PtW 0.22-0.26; PtH 0.13-0.15; PpL 0.15-0.17; PpW 0.27- 0.33; PtHI 59-68; PtWI 100-130; PpWI 169-200; WI 107-136.
Head appearing subquadratic in front view. Mandible weakly striate, with four teeth, apical and subapical teeth large, basal two teeth smaller. Scape exceeding posterior corner of head, with appressed setae, each of which is as long as width of scape. Compound eye large and slightly projecting beyond lateral margin of head in full face view.
Ventrolateral katepisternal ridge indistinct posteriorly. Propodeal spine long and stout; length greater than spiracle, directed upward, dorsum higher than anterior propodeum in lateral view. Propodeal spiracle large, touching to propodeal declivity in lateral view, directed laterally.
In dorsal view, shape of petiole scoop with convex side, longer than broad. Petiole with subparallel side on anterior half in dorsal view. Petiolar spiracle large, as large as half of propodeal spiracle, directed downward. Postpetiole bilobed with longitudinal median sulcus. Postpetiole wider than petiole in dorsal view.
Integument essentially smooth and shiny. Clypeus smooth and shiny without rugulae. Malar regions generally smooth. Dorsal surface of promesonotum smooth and shiny. Lateral surface of pronotum smooth and shiny. Mesopleuron and lateral propodeum generally shiny, but with feable rugulae. Dorsal surface of propodeum smooth and shiny.
Erect pilosity almost absent. Dorsum of head, clypeus and mesosoma with short and appressed setae sparsely. Clypeus with one pair of longer setae on anteriormost portion, directed medially. Anterior clypeal margin with two pairs of longer setae, mixed with some shorter setae on sides. No erect setae on pronotal shoulder. Posterolateral tubercle with some decumbent to appressed shorter setae. Ventral surface of petiole with appressed setae. Postpetiole with some shorter setae posteriorly. Fourth abdominal tergite with appressed setae.
Body color reddish brown.
- Lectotype (designated by Hosoishi, 2015: 75), worker, Sarawak, Malaysia, Haviland, Musee d'Histoire Naturelle Genève.
- Paralectotype (designated by Hosoishi, 2015: 75), 5 workers, Sarawak, Malaysia, Haviland, Musee d'Histoire Naturelle Genève.
- Paralectotype (designated by Hosoishi, 2015: 75), 3 workers, Sarawak, Malaysia, Haviland, Naturhistorisches Museum Wien, Vienna.
- Paralectotype (designated by Hosoishi, 2015: 75), 3 workers, Sarawak, Malaysia, Haviland, Naturhistorisches Museum, Basel.
- Forel, A. 1901j. Variétés myrmécologiques. Ann. Soc. Entomol. Belg. 45: 334-382 (page 376, worker, queen described)
- Hosoishi, S. 2015. Revision of the Crematogaster ranavalonae-group in Asia, with description of two new species (Hymenoptera, Formicidae). Journal of Hymenoptera Research 42, 63-92.