Aphaenogaster gibbosa chorassanica
|Aphaenogaster gibbosa chorassanica|
|Scientific classification (junior synonym of Aphaenogaster gibbosa)|
|Species:||Aphaenogaster gibbosa chorassanica|
This taxon is not in use as it is currently considered to be a junior synonym of Aphaenogaster gibbosa.
The following information is derived from Barry Bolton's New General Catalogue, a catalogue of the world's ants.
- chorassanica. Aphaenogaster (Attomyrma) gibbosa subsp. chorassanica Arnol'di, 1968: 1805 (w.q.m.) TURKMENIA.
- Junior synonym of gibbosa: Dlussky, Soyunov & Zabelin, 1990: 212.
Salata & Borowiec (2018) - The status of A. gibbosa chorassanica Arnol’di, 1968 remains unclear. According to characters noted in the original description (Arnol’di 1968) it seems to be a distinct species. Unfortunately, we had no possibility to study the types of this taxon and at the moment we propose keeping its status as a synonym of A. gibbosa.
- Arnol'di, K. V. 1968b. Important additions to the myrmecofauna (Hymenoptera, Formicidae) of the USSR, and descriptions of new forms. Zool. Zh. 4 47: 1800-1822 (page 1805, worker, queen, male described)
- Bolton, B. 1995b. A new general catalogue of the ants of the world. Cambridge, Mass.: Harvard University Press, 504 pp. (page 68, catalogue)
- Dlussky, G. M.; Soyunov, O. S.; Zabelin, S. I. 1990 . Ants of Turkmenistan. Ashkhabad: Ylym Press, 273 pp. (page 212, junior synonym of gibbosa)
- Salata, S., Borowiec, L. 2018. Redescription of Aphaenogaster muschtaidica Emery, 1908 with a key to gibbosa species group. Asian Myrmecology 10, e010002, pp. 1-15 (DOI 10.20362/am.010002).