Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Scientific classification (junior synonym of Dorylinae)|
This taxon is not in use as it is currently considered to be a junior synonym of Dorylinae.
The following information is derived from Barry Bolton's New General Catalogue, a catalogue of the world's ants.
- AENICTINI [junior synonym of Dorylinae]
- Aenictii Emery, 1901a: 36. Type-genus: Aenictus Shuckard, 1840b: 266.
- Aenictini as tribe of Dorylinae: Emery, 1901a: 36 [Aenictii]; Emery, 1904a: 116 [Aenictii]; Borgmeier, 1954c: 212; Borgmeier, 1955: 57; Dlussky & Fedoseeva, 1988: 79; Hölldobler & Wilson, 1990: 11.
- Aenictini as tribe of Ecitoninae: Ashmead, 1905b: 381 [Aenictini]; Ashmead, 1906: 24.
- Aenictini as junior synonym of Ecitonini: Emery, 1910b: 28; Wheeler, G.C. & Wheeler, J. 1985: 256 [Aenictii].
- Aenictini as subfamily of Formicidae: Bolton, 1990c: 1358 [Aenictinae]; Baroni Urbani, et al. 1992: 315 [Aenictinae]; Bolton, 1994: 12 [Aenictinae]; Wu, J. & Wang, 1995: 49 [Aenictinae]; subsequent authors to Brady, et al. 2014: 5.
- Aenictini as dorylomorph subfamily of Formicidae: Bolton, 2003: 36, 146 [Aenictinae]; Brady & Ward, 2005: 593 [Aenictinae].
- Aenictini as tribe of Aenictinae: Bolton, 1994: 12; Bolton, 2003: 146.
- Aenictini as formicoid subfamily of Formicidae: Moreau, et al. 2006: 102 [Aenictinae].
- Aenictini as formicoid dorylomorph subfamily of Formicidae: Brady, et al. 2006: 18173 [Aenictinae]; Ward, 2007a: 555 [Aenictinae].
- Aenictini as junior synonym of Dorylinae: Brady, et al. 2014: 5.