Wheeler, W.M., 1927
Identification Keys including this Taxon
Latitudinal Distribution Pattern
Latitudinal Range: -29.03° to -29.04166667°.
- Source: AntMaps
Distribution based on Regional Taxon Lists
Distribution based on AntMaps
Distribution based on AntWeb specimens
Check data from AntWeb
|Number of countries occupied by this species based on AntWiki Regional Taxon Lists. In general, fewer countries occupied indicates a narrower range, while more countries indicates a more widespread species.|
|Relative abundance based on number of AntMaps records per species (this species within the purple bar). Fewer records (to the left) indicates a less abundant/encountered species while more records (to the right) indicates more abundant/encountered species.|
The following information is derived from Barry Bolton's Online Catalogue of the Ants of the World.
- antipodum. Tetramorium antipodum Wheeler, W.M. 1927i: 143 (w.q.m.) AUSTRALIA. Junior synonym of caldarium: Bolton, 1979: 169. Revived from synonymy: Bolton, 1995b: 404.
- Syntype, 8 workers (1 missing), 1 male, Norfolk Island, Australia, South Australian Museum.
- Syntype, worker(s), queen(s), male(s), Norfolk Island, Australia.
- Bolton, B. 1979. The ant tribe Tetramoriini (Hymenoptera: Formicidae). The genus Tetramorium Mayr in the Malagasy region and in the New World. Bull. Br. Mus. (Nat. Hist.) Entomol. 38: 129-181 (page 169, Junior synonym of caldarium)
- Bolton, B. 1995b. A new general catalogue of the ants of the world. Cambridge, Mass.: Harvard University Press, 504 pp. (page 404, Revived from synonymy)
- Wheeler, W. M. 1927i. The ants of Lord Howe Island and Norfolk Island. Proc. Am. Acad. Arts Sci. 62: 121-153 (page 143, worker, queen, male described)
References based on Global Ant Biodiversity Informatics
- CSIRO Collection
- Donisthorpe, Horace. 1941. The Ants of Norfolk Island. The Entomologist Monthly Magazine. 77:90-93.
- Smithers C. N. 1998. A species list and bibliography of the insects recorded from Norfolk Island. Technical Reports of the Australian Museum 13: 155.
- Wheeler W.M. 1935. Check list of the ants of Oceania. Occasional Papers of the Bernice Pauahi Bishop Museum 11(11):1-56.
- Wheeler WM. 1927. Ants of Lord Howe and Norfolk Islands. Proceedings of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences. 62.4: 120-153.
- Wheeler, W. M. 1927. The ants of Lord Howe Island and Norfolk Island. Proc. Am. Acad. Arts Sci. 62: 121-153
- Wheeler, William Morton. 1927. The Ants of Lord Howe Island and Norfolk Island. Proceedings of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences 62(4): 121-153
- Wheeler, William Morton.1935.Checklist of the Ants of Oceania.Occasional Papers 11(11): 3-56