Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Formica pharaonis, now Monomorium pharaonis
This genus is not in use as it is currently considered to be a junior synonym of Monomorium.
The following information is derived from Barry Bolton's New General Catalogue, a catalogue of the world's ants.
- PHARAOPHANES [junior synonym of Monomorium]
- Pharaophanes Bernard, 1967: 168, attributed to Santschi [as subgenus of Monomorium]. Type-species: Formica pharaonis, by monotypy.
- Pharaophanes junior synonym of Monomorium: Bolton, 2003: 213.
- [Pharaophanes Bernard, 1953b: 238, attributed to Santschi [as subgenus of Monomorium]. Unavailable name; proposed without designation of type-species. Species included by Bernard (1953b) are all referable to Monomorium: Bolton, 1987: 288; Bolton, 1995b: 42 (see also note in Baroni Urbani, 1971c: 90).]
- Bernard, F. 1967a . Faune de l'Europe et du Bassin Méditerranéen. 3. Les fourmis (Hymenoptera Formicidae) d'Europe occidentale et septentrionale. Paris: Masson, 411 pp. (page 168, Pharaophanes (attributed to Santschi) as subgenus of Monomorium)
- Bolton, B. 1987. A review of the Solenopsis genus-group and revision of Afrotropical Monomorium Mayr (Hymenoptera: Formicidae). Bull. Br. Mus. (Nat. Hist.) Entomol. 54: 263-452 (page 288, [Pharaophanes Bernard, 1953:238 (attributed to Santschi) [as subgenus of Monomorium]. Unavailable name: proposed without designation of type-species. Species included by Bernard (1953) are all referable to Monomorium])
- Bolton, B. 1995b. A new general catalogue of the ants of the world. Cambridge, Mass.: Harvard University Press, 504 pp. (page 42, Pharaophanes Bernard 1953,unavailable name)
- Bolton, B. 2003. Synopsis and Classification of Formicidae. Mem. Am. Entomol. Inst. 71: 370pp (page 213, Pharaophanes Bernard 1967 as junior synonym of Monomorium [Pharaophanes Bernard, 1953b: 238 (attributed to Santschi) [as subgenus of Monomorium]. Unavailable name; proposed without designation of type-species. Species included by Bernard (1953b) are all r)