Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Kyidris mutica, now Strumigenys mutica
This genus is not in use as it is currently considered to be a junior synonym of Strumigenys.
The following information is derived from Barry Bolton's Online Catalogue of the Ants of the World.
- KYIDRIS [junior synonym of Strumigenys]
- Kyidris Brown, 1949d: 3. Type-species: Kyidris mutica, by original designation.
- Kyidris senior synonym of Polyhomoa: Creighton, 1950b: 93; Brown & Yasumatsu, 1951: 93.
- Kyidris junior synonym of Pyramica: Bolton, 1999: 1668; Bolton, 2000: 91.
- Kyidris junior synonym of Strumigenys: Baroni Urbani & De Andrade, 1994: 15; Baroni Urbani & De Andrade, 2007: 103.
- Baroni Urbani, C.; De Andrade, M. L. 1994. First description of fossil Dacetini ants with a critical analysis of the current classification of the tribe (Amber Collection Stuttgart: Hymenoptera, Formicidae. VI: Dacetini). Stuttg. Beitr. Naturkd. Ser. B (Geol. Paläontol.) 198: 1-65 (page 15, Kyidris as junior synonym of Strumigenys)
- Bolton, B. 1999. Ant genera of the tribe Dacetonini (Hymenoptera: Formicidae). J. Nat. Hist. 3 33: 1639-1689 (page 1668, Kyidris as junior synonym of Pyramica)
- Bolton, B. 2000. The ant tribe Dacetini. Mem. Am. Entomol. Inst. 65: 1-1028 (page 91, Kyidris as junior synonym of Pyramica)
- Bolton, B. 2003. Synopsis and Classification of Formicidae. Mem. Am. Entomol. Inst. 71: 370pp (page 190, Kyidris as junior synonym of Pyramica)
- Brown, W. L., Jr. 1949f. Revision of the ant tribe Dacetini. I. Fauna of Japan, China and Taiwan. Mushi 20: 1-25 (page 3, Kyidris in Myrmicinae, Dacetini)
- Creighton, W. S. 1950b. Polyhomoa Azuma, a synonym of Kyidris Brown (Hymenoptera: Formicidae). Psyche (Camb.) 57: 93-94 (page 93, Kyidris senior synonym of Polyhomoa)
- Wilson, E. O.; Brown, W. L., Jr. 1956. New parasitic ants of the genus Kyidris, with notes on ecology and behavior. Insectes Soc. 3: 439-454 (page 439, Revision of genus)