Aenictus clavatus kanariensis
Distribution based on Regional Taxon Lists
Distribution based on AntMaps
Distribution based on AntWeb specimens
Check data from AntWeb
|Number of countries occupied by this species based on AntWiki Regional Taxon Lists. In general, fewer countries occupied indicates a narrower range, while more countries indicates a more widespread species.|
|Relative abundance based on number of AntMaps records per species (this species within the purple bar). Fewer records (to the left) indicates a less abundant/encountered species while more records (to the right) indicates more abundant/encountered species.|
Known only from the male caste.
The following information is derived from Barry Bolton's Online Catalogue of the Ants of the World.
- kanariensis. Aenictus clavatus var. kanariensis Forel, 1901a: 467 (diagnosis in key) (m.) INDIA (Karnataka).
- Type-material: holotype(?) male.
- [Note: no indication of number of specimens is given.]
- Type-locality: India: Kanara (Wroughton).
- Type-depository: MHNG.
- [Misspelled as kanarensis by Bingham, 1903: 13, Chapman & Capco, 1951: 14.]
- Subspecies of clavatus: Bingham, 1903: 13; Emery, 1910b: 30; Chapman & Capco, 1951: 14; Wilson, 1964a: 482; Bolton, 1995b: 59; Tiwari, 1999: 18; Bharti, Guénard, et al. 2016: 20.
- Distribution: India.
Unless otherwise noted the text for the remainder of this section is reported from the publication that includes the original description.