The Antwiki Code
Jump to navigation Jump to search
("Really, they're more like guidelines …. ")
The following principles guide Antwiki and its content.
- Information must be:
- Information is provided by ant experts (normally those with a peer-reviewed publication record). This information appears on the Main webpages.
- Comments are provided by ant enthusiasts (normally those with a special interest in ants). This information appears on the Discussion pages.
- Any information can be included in Antwiki as long as it is accurate, useful and unambiguous. This includes all aspects of ant biology from A to Z and 0 to 9.
- The use of non-restrictive Creative Commons licenses is encouraged but not required. Copyright protected information can be included if done so with the permission of the copyright owner.
- There are an absolute minimum number of signs saying "Don't do that!" A few exceptions:
- Only validly described species get Species Home Pages.
- Species Home Pages must have an Antwiki-compliant Taxobox and Category set.
- Species Home Pages should use Antwiki-compliant headings where possible with non-compliant headings added only when necessary.
- While consistency of presentation is desirable, it is not an Antwiki goal.
- Contributions made to Antwiki belong to the global community. All content may be edited by other Antwiki editors.
- Antwiki is owned by everyone that contributes content.